LAST UPDATED ON 7/13/18
We collect Personal Information about you. This Personal Information may include:
- Information about you that you provide us, for example, by registering to use the site or ordering products on the Site;
- Information that you otherwise provide us; and
- Information we collect by automated means.
Please click here for further information about what we collect.
We do not sell, lease or rent your Personal Information unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit (opt-in) consent. We may use and transfer this Personal Information for our business purposes, including customer service and marketing to you, share this information with third parties for certain purposes, use this information to communicate with you, and use this information to comply with our legal obligations, as further described here.
We are concerned with the security of your Personal Information and take care in implementing appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet, nor any data we collect or store, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. Further information on our security procedures and your responsibility for security can be found here.
DATA ACCESS, INTEGRITY & CHOICE
If you opt-out, we will continue to retain and use your personal information for limited purposes. Click here for a fuller explanation. For more information regarding your options with respect to access, integrity and choice, please click here.
EFFECTIVE DATE AND UPDATES
- we collect or use from your visit to the Site (for example, when you register to use the site, or when we automatically collect information); and
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Information from you in certain areas of the Site, as well as through your other interactions with us. The following is a description of what Personal Information we may collect:
Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide. If you voluntarily provide us with Personal Information, for example your name, email address, phone or mobile number, or payment information (such as a credit card), we collect this Personal Information. You may voluntarily provide this information to us in a variety of ways, including by filling out a registration form on the Site, providing us with Personal Information in order to initiate or complete a transaction, providing online feedback to us, or by contacting us (by email or otherwise) with questions about the Site or our products and services.
- Your browser type and operating system.
- Navigation and click-stream data.
- Search terms you use.
- Web pages you view on our Site.
- Links you click.
- Your IP address.
- Sites you visited before coming to our Site.
- Metadata from your communications with us.
Web beacons are small bits of code that communicate with third parties and are embedded in web pages, our ads or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, to understand usage patterns or other third party functionality. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to store cookie information by declining cookies.
Do Not Track
As technologies to address Do Not Track signals are still evolving, we do not currently deploy any technology to respond to Do Not Track signals.
Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you include:
- Web Session Variables. Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons. Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our Site. You have the option not to install these components.
As technologies continue to evolve, we may likewise adapt our methods of collection and processing. To the extent we understand such new technologies to materially alter our collection or use methods as described in this Policy, we will amend this Policy.
Please be advised that if you disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive information through public forums or message boards provided by Madeira, this information may be collected and used by others. We do not monitor these public spaces and take no responsibility for the content, security or confidentiality of any information posted. (Return to Summary)
USE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Our use of your Personal Information for business purposes. We may use your Personal Information for our business purposes. Such business purposes could include, for example, using the information to provide services to you or complete a transaction with you. We may also use this information for various other business purposes, for example:
- Analyze and improve the performance of the Site.
- Analyze our business, products and services.
- Perform customer service.
- Communicate with you regarding your account.
- Communicate with you regarding products or services provided to you by us, our affiliates, or our external business partners.
- Market our products and services to you.
- Contact you on behalf of our affiliates or external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you.
- Ask you about your experience with or opinions about our company, the Site, or our products and services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
- Such other purposes as we disclose to you, and to which you consent, at the time we collect Personal Information from you.
- Such other purposes as we disclose to you, and to which you consent, prior to our processing your Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the terms of this Policy.
We may also provide your Personal Information to third parties who are service providers to us, for example third parties who provide computer-related, credit card processing, mapping, or debt collection services. These third parties will only use your Personal Information as directed by us for our business purposes.
Madeira may also work with third parties (we call these third parties "external business partners") to provide you with certain third party-offered products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may provide your Personal Information to such third parties for their internal use and analysis regarding, and communication to you about, the such products or services. Such third parties must agree with us that any such information we provide will not be used for any purpose other than internal use and analysis regarding, and communication to you about, the offered products or services.
We may also share your information if we merge with, or if we or any of our assets are sold to, another company.
We may also share anonymized data derived from your Personal Information with persons performing studies in areas relevant to our business. When we do so, we take reasonable steps to anonymize your Personal Information such that it can no longer be used to identify you.
Our use of your Personal Information for legal purposes. Sometimes a law, court order or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process.
We may also disclose certain information if:
- We are required to bring, or defend against, litigation or any regulatory proceeding between, or relating to, you and us,
- We believe in good faith that the law requires it. Information Transfer. Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We take steps to protect Personal Information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and controls as appropriate to help ensure this. (Return to Summary)
We take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your Personal Information on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological, physical and policy methods to protect this data such as, for example, requiring a password to access our network and employing firewall security.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. We do not provide your password to third parties. (Return to Summary)
ACCESS, INTEGRITY & CHOICE
Access & Integrity. If you believe that the Personal Information you voluntarily provided us is, or has become, inaccurate, incomplete or untimely, contact us and provide additional or corrected information.
If you do not want us to use or continue using your Personal Information to communicate with you, you may request that we not do so (opt-out) by following the procedures described below.
- Opting-Out at Signup: When you provide first provide us with personal information, you will be given a choice as to whether to receive promotional information from us.
- Opting-Out after Signup.: If you wish to discontinue any further promotional communications from us, please send your opt-out request to our Privacy Manager. Place the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in your request to us.
- We also give you additional choices about how we communicate with you.
- Digital / Electronic Communications.
You can also stop receiving promotional email messages from us by following the instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Continued Use of Your Personal Information Despite Opt-Out. Because it is essential that we have and use personal information about you in order to provide you with products and services you order from us, we will continue to use personal information to facilitate a transaction that you initiate. In addition, even if you opt-out, we will retain your personal information for our internal use, such as internal business analytics and legal compliance. We will also retain your personal information in order to contact you for non-promotional purposes regarding your use of our service.
(Return to Summary)